Calvary Baptist Church was founded in 1937 by Rev. A. J. Turk in a home on Olive Road in South Augusta and moved to its present site in 1978 and the present Sanctuary was completed and dedicated on May 24, 1992. Calvary Baptist Church, under God’s leadership, has come a long way from a small beginning in what was once a rural area to the beautiful Sanctuary we worship in today.
Calvary Baptist Church of Augusta, Georgia is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, the Georgia Baptist Convention and the Augusta Association of Baptist Churches. Calvary is an active participant in many ministries and projects as they reflect the purpose of and promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ.